Cantara Cellars Wine Menu
The Camarillo & Lodi Connection
We’re often asked “You’re in Camarillo, why does it say Lodi on your label?” The front label on a bottle of wine states where the grapes were grown. The back label says who and where the wine was made.
- Mike, our owner and winemaker, grew up in Lodi where his family has lived since 1847.
- Mike’s parents own and farm 28 acres of premium Chardonnay on what once was his grandparent’s farm.
- Lodi is 65 miles southeast from Napa and grows over 69 fabulous wine grape varieties.
- Lodi has been a major wine grape region for over 150 years, with commercial production beginning in the 1880’s.
- Lodi has a fine Mediterranean climate perfect for grapes, where temperatures between June and September average a high of 90°F and an overnight low of 56°F.
- We source world class Lodi grapes from people we know and trust to deliver great fruit year after year.